"My magic is pretty awesome, isn't it? Hee hee, come on, praise me more!"
Kiruya Momochi (百地 希留耶, Momochi Kiruya) is a Character in Princess Connect Re:Dive. She is a member of the guild 'Gourmet Edifice'.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 History
- 4 Quotes
- 5 Etymology
- 6 Trivia
- 7 References
Kyaru is a beast-race member in the game with long, black hair with a white streak in her bangs and green eyes. Her hair extends down to her ankles and is tied into two loose, low twintails. At the ends of her hair the loop into ringlet-like curls. She has cat ears coming out the top of her head.
She wears a detailed blue and purple outfit adorned with magenta jewels and gold hemming. The outfit has detached sleeves, which consist of a black, ruffled lower layer covered by blue fabric that is trimmed with gold and has holes at the elbows. Her skirt has two layers of ruffles (one black and one white). She has thigh high stockings and a garter-belt on her left thigh that clips to her stocking. She has short, differing shades of brown boots. She also has a black cat tail with a white tip
When under Kaiser's control, Kyaru's outfit changes to black and maroon colours instead and has fishnet stockings. There are minor changes to her outfit such as a fur hemming and a choker with a large, magenta jewel. She also sometimes wears a mask that completely covers her eyes.
In her summer outfit, she wears a bikini top styled similarly to her regular outfit and white short shorts. She wears a lilac jacket and has sunglasses sitting atop her head.
Kyaru's hair doesn't curl at the ends but is otherwise the same as her Astrum appearance. She also wears a cat hair-clip on the left side of her bangs. Her hair is also tied with thin, red ribbons. Her eyes are purple instead of green.
Her typical outfit consists of a green jacket and a white shirt-dress with a cat art on it with what appears to be 'Life is Cats' written on it. She is also seen with a blue backpack with a white cat symbol on one of the pockets.
Kyaru can be described as a 'Tsundere' as she is often complaining about her friend, but always follows along regardless. She has a sharp tongue and often gets annoyed and/or flustered. She tries to act tough and harsh on the outside but in fact she is quite soft-hearted. Because she is often ignored by Kaiser and even her own parents, Kyaru often feels lonely. She really values her time spent with the player as she forgets her 'Mission' and all of her stress when she's with them. She is teased often by everyone, including the player.
Kyaru in Astrum is a spy sent by Kaiser Insight to keep an eye on Yuuki and to assassinate Pecorine. She mistakenly gets close to both targets, causing her to hesitate on her mission. Like Yuuki, she has the power of a Princess Knight. Her Inherent Ability grants her full control over multiple monsters, in exchange for sustaining damage when monsters under her control take damage as well.
WARNING: Spoilers Ahead
After her failure at Elizabeth Park, Kaiser Insight eventually resorts to controlling Kyaru with Mind Control so that she follows every command, and gifts her with a mask that amplifies her magic even further. Currently, she assumes the throne and commands the knights of Landsol in Kaiser Insight's absence.
After the events of Arc 1, Kyaru is working on improving her reputation in Landsol by continuing her guild activities with Gourmet Edifice - as is decreed. She attempts to keep her history a secret to those outside of Gourmet Edifice. She helps Kokkoro take care of Shefi and Yuuki - both of which has had their minds reduced to that of a toddler.
When Kyaru and the group attend a nearby festival, they are all attacked by Kariza. Kyaru especially immediately doesn't get along with Kariza with the two hurling insults at each other consistently. After they are saved by Yui, the group are almost immediately arrested by Goushin's soldiers. Upon arriving in the prison cell, Kyaru blames herself and her history. However, they learn that it is actually Shefi that is in trouble, though because of her lack of memory they are unable to determine her innocence. Before the group are all executed, they are accidentally saved by Kariza who is soon defeated by Pecorine and Yui who receive a 'Princess Form' upgrade.
Afterwards, the group convene to a restaurant where Pecorine and Yui are able to regain their strength with a large amount of food. Although Kyaru is used to Pecorine's larger than life appetite, she's surprised by Yui's equal appetite after the fight.
In Real Life
In real life, Kyaru has a poor relationship with her parents as she makes an attempt to run away from home. She idolizes her relative, Mana Senri. Unlike most of the other characters, she does not play the Legend of Astrum frequently.
- "Perfect, perfect! I just keep on improving! I really can do anything!"
- "Heh heh, beautiful, huh? I'll let you in on a secret -- I was still just an apprentice until recently. H... Hey, act more surprised!"
- "I can use healing magic pretty well. If you had some kind of emergency, I wouldn't be unable to save you. Though, it'd be better if that didn't happen at all."
- "You saw it, didn't you -- my secret magical practice. In that case, I'm bringing you along, too!"
- "I wonder if you're prepared for this? Grim Burst!"
- "H-Hey, isn't this tube leaking? It's leaking, isn't it!? And aren't there monsters in the water!? EEK! Don't come over here!"
- "What are you looking at me with that envious face for? You want some of this juice? I guess I can't say no -- but just a sip!"
- "Having a nice drink after sweating a lot is the best! Ahhh, tasty!"
- "You look tired. Do you want to sit on this tube with me and relax for a bit?"
- "I feel so happy... Is this because of you? ... Um, th... thank... N-Never mind!"
- "D-Don't look over here! Quit staring at me!"
- The name Kiruya means "hope" (希) (ki), "detain, fasten, halt, stop" (留) (ru) and "question mark" (耶) (ya).
- Kiruya's surname Momochi means "hundred" (百) (momo) and "earth, land" (地) (chi).
- The official translation of Kyaru's name in English to the anime and Global Server is Karyl.
- Her name has also been translated as 'Cal'.
- Her Japanese game name, Kyaru, is an accidental misspelling/typo of her real name, Kiruya (キルヤ > キャル).
- Kyaru is one of the few characters in Princess Connect Re:Dive that never met Yuuki in the original game.
- In the anime of Princess Connect! Re:dive, Kyaru cannot stand the sight of insects and frogs, thus it is implied that she's blennophobic, confirmed in the Gourmet Guild second story